The PicoBrew Zymatic is not your espresso machine which will give you the beer which you are looking for immediately. As you know brewing beer takes time traditionally and is a two to three week operation which requires sanitization, precision temperature control and other best practices. It downloads recipes from the cloud and is a cool stuff uses a workflow to execute complex brewing steps which are otherwise extremely hard to follow.
The PicoBrew Zymatic is simple machine to install and operate. All you need to do is add the ingredients and then press start. However, you will want to know that it is not your professional large-volume brewery equipment brewing instead of the monotonous mechanics and the cleaning. It involves a simple work process where you need to connect the machine to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
Sync a recipe from their online library. You are told the exact temperature which it needs to mash and boil the particular beer. The machine needs to be connected to a 5-gallon Cornelius keg and you need to pour 3.5 gallons into the keg and then place the hops and grain. You have a huge bin which is for the grain and four separate bins which are smaller in size for the hops.
You can get pre-packaged ingredient kits which come along with the purchase. You need to start the machine once the ingredients are loaded.
The timing is controlled by the recipe which you have uploaded. Lastly, you need to add the yeast. The documentation needs to be clearer and come with print that is easy to understand.
- It immensely simplifies the complexity of home brewing.
- You can easily experiment with new recipes.
- It does not require lot of clean-up and that gives you less risk of contamination.
- Quality beer is produced meaning you get your money’s worth.
- It is fully automatic and does not require lots of maintenance.
- Gives you close to 20 pints each batch, which is sufficient for a large family.